Goals for 2011
I tend to set goals rather than resolutions. Goals are meant to be achieved, at least eventually, and cannot be ‘broken’ like resolutions. So, for 2011, here are the goals I’ve set for myself:
1. Complete a marathon (or ultramarathon) in all 50 states plus DC. I have 3 states left to do – Kansas, Delaware, and Alaska.
2. Do the Boston Marathon. Yes, THE Boston Marathon. I achieved a slot on the Dana-Farber Marathon Team and will be do Boston to help in the fight against cancer. I have to raise a certain amount of money in order to go and will joyfully accept any donations made to my account. Visit my fundraising page at http://www.runDFMC.org/2011/marshaw to contribute. I am running in honor of our library technician’s adult son, Michael Umans, who is a cancer surviver.
3. Complete 100 marathons/ultras by the end of the year so I can join the 100 Marathon Club.
4. Finish a 50 mile race.
5. Complete a 100K race.
6. Finish a 24 hour race.
7. Complete a 100 mile race.
8. Walk at least 15,000 steps every day.
9. Start a weight training/strength training routine. Until the past 6 months, I had been weight training religiously 2-3 times every week until work, racing, and other activities (like sleeping) just got in the way. I intend to restart this routine once my traveling slows down a bit. In the meantime, I plan on using some free weights at home to keep from getting too rusty.
10. Get a Wii Fit and practice some balance and other routines.
Goals for 2011